Malaysia is a Southeast Asian country occupying parts of the Malay Peninsula and the island of Borneo. It’s known for its beaches, rain forests and mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European cultural influences. The capital, Kuala Lumpur, is home to colonial buildings, busy shopping districts such as Bukit Bintang and skyscrapers such as the iconic, 451m-tall Petronas Twin Tower.
- Malaysia’s higher education system is of international standards, closely monitored by the Ministry of Higher Education, which has the vision to turn Malaysia into a Center of Excellence for Higher Education. The Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA) under the Ministry of Higher Education is a quality assurance body responsible for monitoring and overseeing the quality assurance practices and accreditation of national higher education.
- It is a newly industrialized country where we have outpaced our developing counterparts. The infrastructure in Malaysia is one of the most developed in Asia with state-of-the-art health care and medical facilities, advanced telecommunications infrastructure, world-class university campus and facilities, and best expressway network in South East Asia.
- The expenditure of studying and living in Malaysia is comparatively low to countries like Australia, US, UK, France, Canada, etc. as the Malaysian currency conversion is advantageous.
- International students benefit from the easy and trouble-free immigration procedures as compared to many other countries which have tighter student immigration procedures. For more information on immigration procedures, refer to our “How to Enroll” www.campusmalaysia.com/studying-malaysia/what-i-need-know/how-enrol section under Studying in Malaysia.
- It is one of the safest and most political stable countries in the world with a relatively low crime rate and the country is free from most natural disasters which makes it an attractive country to live in. The weather in Malaysia is sunny and rainy all year without extreme cold or hot weather conditions making the weather easily adaptable.